The line edges are the interface between the production and the logistics agent in charge of the supply of the posts.
The line edges are the interface between the production and the logistics agent in charge of the supply of the posts. The design of line edges must meet the objectives and constraints of these two functions.
The line edges must be arranged in such a way as to minimize the movement of the production staff. Small containers and other pallets on wheels must replace fixed pallets and supplies in the back.
1-Identify the needs of the workstation
The first step is to define for each Position the necessary references and the level of consumption. From this data, we will define 2 classes of parts :
- standard parts: They are used for most products and are high consumption.
- Sequenced Parts : These are little consumed parts that have a great diversity.
For each of these pieces, we will collect the dimensional data (weight, height, width, length, plane). This data will allow us to define the best container.
2-Organize the edge of line
Of the classification we have just made will depend on the general organization of the line edge. As far as possible, the line edge at the production operator level must meet 3 rules :
- The supply of FIFO
- For the Standard parts, they will have a dedicated location. For the sequenced Parts, a logistic kit system will be put in place, and a specific location for all kit will be set.
- The line edges are mounted on roulette.
- The parts are supplied in front according to the standard distances of a manual Workstation.
3.1 The Flow
We will find 3 types of containers, the choice of which will depend on the type of consumption and their volume:
Single box containing loose parts. This type of storage is suitable for small parts with no constraints specific qualities: hardware, nozzle…
Of the Kit in which we have arranged the parts in a certain position to facilitate the taking of the operator and meet the constraints qualities.
Custom – designed rolling trolleys suitable for large parts with lower consumption.
When choosing these containers, there are different criteria :
- Ergonomics : It must be ensured that the socket and the movements of the operator must be simple.
- Dimension : They must be able to produce without a shortage of stock. This will depend on the level of consumption and frequency of the Mizusumashi loop. It should be noted that this quantity must fill not more than 80% of the box, this to facilitate handling and avoid the risk of tipping.
- standardization :It is necessary to take containers already present in the company and to respond to a color code defined in the company (for example, blue for all the posts of the line XXX…)
- supplier : See with the supplier, the possibility of using common containers, allowing us to gain in handling.