The For Test design aims to improve the design of the product to increase its ability to be easily tested.
The 6 principles of the DFT
The For Test design aims to improve the design of the product to make it easier to test. This guide is based on 6 design principles:
- Compatibility with test devices.
- The test points are easily accessible.
- Interface and standard connections.
- Facilitates the diagnosis by the accessibility of parts, the simplicity of disassembly …
- Able to provide self-diagnostics.
- Functions are split to allow isolation of problems.